Wednesday, September 27, 2017

I Was Born Inside a Restaurant



Yes, you read correctly. I was actually born inside a real restaurant. My family has owned restaurants in Honduras for many generations. When my mother was pregnant with me and her water broke, it happened inside my parents’s restaurant. Honduras didn’t have a call center for medical emergencies in those days, plus the nearest hospital was way to far of drive to have placed my mother’s life in danger and mine for the same matter. So my father help my mother deliver me into the world by natural vaginal birth with no drugs and no pain killers. You can say that my father was my mother’s Midwife. He assisted in the entire childbirth process, he even cut the umbilical cord and did everything that a real doctor would of done at that time. 

In the old days, when people lived in remote areas they had to know a little bit of everything specially in survival skills. So going back to me being born in a restaurant is not just a figure of speech, that’s exactly where I was born. I spent the first seven years of my life living, playing and growing up inside a restaurant. 

Luckily for me, I was born in a fascinating part of Honduras. The town is called Rio Coto, it’s was named in honor of my family. My grandfather had invested most of his fortune in a real estate and he was brilliant in investing a large piece of land along the coast line. My family’s restaurant was and still is located right on the beach, there is a beautiful river on our property that ends in the ocean. Behind the restaurant are these huge mountains with spectacular views of the whole bay area. You can even see Guatemala from the mountain’s top.  

Since a young girl growing up in my parent’s restaurant in Honduras; I saw the world from an interesting perspective. I was able to interact with people from all over the world and this enabled me in understanding different cultures, personalities, and different moral values of people. I have always enjoyed meeting with people from all walks of life. I have learned a lot from interacting with a broad range of people in all types of scenarios and circumstances.


My philosophy is simple; treat others in a way that I would appreciate to be treated in return.  Though over the years, I have also learned to treat others in way that they would like to be treated, because what works for me may not work for them so I have to try to meet them in their comfort zones. It is not always easy, but I have learned from experience that if you keep your cool in any kind of uneasy situation(s), things can only get better. 

I have an extrovert personality. Meaning that I am friendly, outgoing and very energetic. I enjoy social gatherings and enjoy meeting new people each day. I believe in working to the best of my mental capabilities and giving my best efforts in what ever I do, whether it is in life or work. I am passionate about life and I care about making those that surround me feel great about them selves. I’m a reliable, honest, loyal, socially responsible person and I also believe in leadership, unity and life long friendships, and most of all integrity. I try to live my life in a way that would make my children and family proud of me. I am a firm believer in Karma, so I try to send out good positive energy and keep a well balanced life style. I am detailed oriented in everything that I do but I am not perfect. I take my work seriously and I let it show throughout my work. Punctuality is very important to me because it shows that you are respectful to those whom are waiting and counting on you to arrive on time. With that said, unfortunately life gets in the way and I might arrive a few minutes late but not on purpose. I am a firm believer in using good manners with everyone that I come in contact with. 

I like getting involved in charity events when ever possible. It feels great to give back to those in need. I take pride in what I do and I attempt to guide others in acquiring the same values. Life is short, so I am trying to live life filled with integrity, honesty and a little fun along the way.
But the most important thing for me in life is taking good care of my family and spending quality time with them. Friendship is always very important to me because friends are extended family. Having fun with family and friends is nutrition for the soul. And most of all, I believe in God and in Jesus. Like I mentioned before, I try to live a well-balanced life. While remembering my origins and I have clarity on what path I would like for my destiny to guide me in this journey called life.


So in my case, being born inside a restaurant was a good thing because it has helped shape my mentality. I can adapt to almost any situation and still keep a positive attitude while doing it. I have always been involved in culinary hospitality and now that I am enjoying a new career as a real estate professional, I can still apply all those skills into the real estate industry. And in the end, it doesn’t really matter what your destiny has chosen for you to do in life, what matters is how well you do it. 

No comments: